Covid-19 (coronavirus) - What you can do to help
This information is taken from the latest government guidance (03/03/2020):
The role the public can play in supporting this response
Everyone can help support the UK’s response by:
• following public health authorities’ advice, for example on hand washing
• reducing the impact and spread of misinformation by relying on information from trusted sources, such as that on www.nhs.uk/, https://gov.wales/coronavirus-covid-19 and www.gov.uk/
• checking and following the latest FCO travel advice when travelling and planning to travel
• ensuring you and your family’s vaccinations are up to date as this will help reduce the pressure on the NHS/HSCNI through reducing vaccine-preventable diseases
• checking on elderly or vulnerable family, friends and neighbours
• using NHS 111 (or NHS 24 in Scotland or NHS Direct Wales) (including online, where possible), pharmacies and GPs responsibly, and go to the hospital only when you really need to. This is further explained on the NHS website - www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/nhs-services/urgent-and-emergencycare/when-to-go-to-ae/ and http://www.choosewellwales.org.uk/home
• being understanding of the pressures the health and social care systems may be under, and receptive to changes that may be needed to the provision of care to you and your family.
• accepting that the advice for managing COVID-19 for most people will be self-isolation at home and simple over the counter medicines
• checking for new advice as the situation changes.